Tuesday, 13 October 2015

magazine proposal

Magazine proposal
Title of magazine
‘Tune-in’ will be the title of the magazine and the tagline will be, ‘where the music world really speaks to you’
Your chosen musical genre(s)
I will choose my magazine to fall under the genre of rock. I have chosen this genres because I feel as if it is a safer market than going into the market of R&B or hip-hop and the reason for that, is because there will be a very high standard compared to rock magazines due to the number of the audience for the genre.
The kind of content you’ll include – for example, the type of artists you might include, regular items, and most importantly what makes your magazine different.
For the artists I will use to feature will be those who are either at the very peak of the career or those who are on their worst part of their career and anything in between, just so that I can give a variation of stories and not just have the same stories being told again and again, as I personally think it will get very repetitive and it would not make the audience pay for another magazine as it will seem too predictable. The regular items that will appear on my magazine will be interviews, quizzes, fact files, competitions etc. The thing that will make my magazine different to other magazines of this genre is that, there will be hidden codes within the magazine that will allow for the audience to win next month’s copy for free and also receive a cash prize of £10. Out of all the magazine’s distributed there will only be 10% of them which will have a winning code.
Any design features, such as masthead, lettering, colour scheme
My colour scheme will consist of red, black and white and the reason for this is because I think that these colours really help to make the magazine stand out. My masthead will spread along the top of the front cover just like what the magazine company ‘mixmag’ do as I think it looks very aesthetically appealing. The design of the magazine will have a techno sort of look to it as I think it helps to resemble the two genres I have picked for my magazine to be.
Who might publish your magazine?
I would like for Bauer Media to publish my magazine. The reason for this is because they are associated with many successful and also well-known music magazines on the market today. Therefore I think that if Bauer Media were to publish my magazine I will have a lot more success than if were to have another company publish it.
Who are the target audience (refer back to the press pack research you’ve already done). Consider age, gender, social class, hobbies / lifestyle.

The target audience for my magazine will be in the range of 20 year olds to 40 year olds. I feel that the way I will design my magazine will attract an equal male and female audience, solely on the fact of the design of the magazine. The people who will be buying my magazine will be in the social classes of AB&C1 and their hobbies/lifestyle will be something that revolves around listening to music or going to gigs and concerts.

No comments:

Post a Comment